Sunday, August 17, 2008

Westfallen Park

Next door to work (and therefore 5 mins from me) is a huge and amazing park. It has loads of cafes, a cabel car (Me in one on the left) and loads of other stuff.

I must admit, this was a Sunday afternoon afair and I intentionally wanted to unwind, so I took Michel Thomas (German Language tutor) on my ipod shuffle, a copy of "Harry Potter: Und der Stein der Weisen" and some sun cream and sat out for an hour. Once the Sun was finally covered over I went for a wonder....



Another one from the cabel car....







Not exactly pretty, but a big ass tower, which you can go up...









This is the view from the top of this tower, it is pretty high and really does give you the best view of Dortmund. If you look in the picture (probably best if you enlarge to see it properly by clicking on it) you can see the RWE building (to the left of my Sun glasses). This is right by the park, also, I have drawn an orange circle around where I live!!!!



Last few days now - it's frightening how quickly this has gone by, I can't believe that 4 days from now I will be home.

No comments: