Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 2

Work is still in the overview stages - I'm not actually sure what they will want me to do, it seems like I will be spending a lot of time being told about what they do, but not actually doing much.

If anyone is interested I know a bit about the European Gas Market now...

Anyway, other than that, I'm still getting to grips with the language. Trying to pick up what I can as quickly as possible but the problem is three fold:

1. Everyone speaks perfect English - so I feel pretty stupid muttering German phrases to them
2. I am learning a load of German Gas Business Jargon which detracts from normal conversation
3. I am knackered in the evenings, I've done about two hours of German learning tonight and I'm on my last legs :-(

I'm sure it will come, I'm probably just being impatient and rushing it. Anyway, I will get around to getting some photos of the flat I'm in on this blog - probably on Thursday evening (I'm going to watch Germany vs Turkey tomorrow night - with a Turk. Could be interesting).

Now a little time for R&R or Erholung as the Germans say (see I am learning a bit).

No comments: